I would like to thank all of you who believed that I would actually update this blog more regularly than I have, AND apologize at the same time for letting you all down! Anyway, I am going to bore you with a few more pictures, descriptions and observations.
First…A tour of the apartment. Those of you with facebook can skip ahead if you’d like. You’ve already seen all of these. Also, excuse the out of focus few. I did most of these with my cell phone.
We have settled into life here in the big city pretty well, have found a church home, have made friends, and have managed to do a lot of exploring considering we don’t have a car! We ride the sky train (the BTS) or the subway (the MRT) or take a Taxi when we can’t get where we are going just by walking. Granted, it takes a little bit of a walk to get to the stations for the BTS and MRT so no matter how you look at it, we’re going to be hoofing it at some point during the day! Oh, and I forgot…we HAVE taken a Tuk Tuk once. I am not a big fan though, as the drivers always seem to be in a hurry and the Tuk Tuk always seems to be a little (or a lot) off balance. Here are a few of the pictures from around town that I’ve managed to take when I remember that I have a camera or a camera on my phone.
Included in this set of photos you will see Ronald McDonald doing a wai, a street person’s tent nicely perched atop a building of some sort in the median of a very busy road, the BEST sign I’ve seen in a Taxi forbidding a particular activity, a Rooster in what looks like a laundry basket (it was right around the corner from the tent on the building), and a “People of Walmart…Thai edition” guy. Oh yeah, and traffic. Lots of traffic. If you see something in particular that you want to know more about, just let me know. By the way, thanks to Matthew Bradberry for a few of these pictures. He took them when he flew with the kids and me back in January so I didn’t have to do the trek alone.
That’s about all I have time for tonight, but I am sure that in a month or so I will have experienced enough guilt over not updating that I will once again sit down and overload the page with pictures and whatever wit I can squeeze out at that time. Hope you all enjoy seeing a little bit of what we see every day, and I do promise to TRY to do better about updating! I will leave you with a couple of pictures from Songkran (the celebration of the Thai New Year) that we took as a family. The rest of the Songkran pictures will have to wait until later.


LOVE the taxi "do not" sign, Annette! That is priceless!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous family photo! I found your blog looking for another friends (who's last name is also Peacock). How long have you been in Thailand for?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment. My blog is quite sad actually, as it hasn't been updated in over a year. We've been in Bangkok since January of 2011.
Delete